- If you have any questions about Obnam, or any problems when using it, e-mail the support list.
- If you have made improvements to Obnam, or want to discuss ways in which you can implement them, please e-mail the development list.
- If unsure which list is appropriate, use the support list.
- The announcement list is used by Obnam developers to announce new releases, or to alert Obnam users about anything that they need to know about. If you're using Obnam, you probably should be subscribed to this list. It is very low volume.
- Please don't send mail directly to Lars. That prevents others from helping out, and puts all the support burden on one person. Also, the mailing lists get automatically imported into a ticketing system, so there is less chance of issues being overlooked.
The support list is available on the Gmane site, at http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.comp.sysutils.backup.obnam. The official archives sometimes have messages in base64 encoding, and their UI isn't great, so the Gmane archives are often a better way to read the archives. (Update: Gmane is in a state of possibly being transferred to a new owner. It might not work, for now.)
#obnam channel on the
irc.oftc.net IRC network exists for
realtime discussions about Obnam. Note that the support list is
strongly preferred over the IRC channel for support issues, but you're
welcome to hang out and chat if you want.
Note that the main Obnam developer, Lars Wirzenius, rarely has time for serious discussions on IRC, especially during working hours.
Patches and fixes and new features
If you want to make changes to Obnam, or this website, please clone
the git repository and send patches to the development list,
git format-patch --cover-letter.
For learning to use git, start with these pages: